Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Little Date Night That Could

So, now that my hubby and I are both on pretty restricted diets, going out to eat is a very different experience for us.  There are not too many restaurants that meet our needs, and those that do are generally pretty pricey.  So, on top of spending $15/hour to get out of the house, we end up going broke over dinner.  We do love movies, so often times, that is what date night will be.  But sometimes, there just aren't any good movies out (Wedding Ringer?  Jupiter Ascending??  Yeah....hmmm).  So, I'm making it my mission to come up with at least five other awesome date night options that are not centered around food.  Here we go!

1) See a live show (comedy club, concert, musical, opera, ballet....hubbies, we go to your games - you can handle some singing and dancing sometimes)
2) Visit an art museum.  Admire the artwork and/or make fun of each other for having no idea what it "means".
3) Go ice skating or roller skating together.  I challenge you not to laugh a lot.
4) Check out different, local coffee shops. 
5) Go bowling (and try not to get huffy when you are losing....not that I would do that)

So, there you go.  Five solid ideas when you need something different to do for date night!  We have a sitter booked for Friday, so I guess it's time for me to pick one!


No comments:

Post a Comment