Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Dishes Are (Not) Done, Man

Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead?  Anybody?  I can't tell you how many times I watched that movie in the 90s.

After being a mom for over six years now, I can tell you one thing for sure.  If you are a parent, there are certain tasks in your life that will never be done.  Ever.  Dishes, laundry, and clutter top my list.  I really like finishing tasks.  I like a clean sink.  I like clothes being clean, folded, and put away.  And I really like being able to walk in my house without slipping, tripping, or otherwise injuring myself.  But sadly, this is not the life stage where that is going to happen all the time.  Or even most of the time.  And I am trying to gracefully accept that.  Sippy cups are breeding in my cabinets and threatening to take over the house.  Of course, when you need a clean one, good luck.  And my response to "where are Luke's pjs?" is often, "in the dryer!"  Things are not as I would like.  But I am going to release the pressure to be perfect, and embrace that this is part of my journey as a mom, and do my best at that, as I do my healthy eating and exercise.  Those things are never done either.  Doesn't mean I won't try to get it right, but when I don't, there is grace.  And imma need some of that.  Stay hopeful, friends!

Need help with your health and fitness journey?  Contact me HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment