Sunday, August 3, 2014

A day in the life of a 21 Day Fixee

I've eaten "clean" for a while now, but I've never been a huge fan of counting calories.  I like check boxes and lists, but not to the point where I have to look up every item I'm eating.  I do love numbers, but not that much.  My solution...the 21 Day Fix.  Some of you might have seen me post about it, so I thought I'd share what a day of food looks like on "the Fix" as we call it in our coaching world.  Let's start with the fun, colored containers.  
Colored tupperware!  How is that not fun?
Each color corresponds to a food group, and you have an allotted number of each color for your day, depending on your calorie needs (which you calculate in the booklet).  Yes, it's counting, but much less work that looking up calories/carbs/fat/etc for every item you eat during the day.  There are lots of options for each color, so if you have restrictions, like no dairy or gluten or nuts or whatever, or if you just want to do paleo or low carb, this can easily adapt to that. Going out to eat?  That is covered, too. 

For breakfast, I started off with what most of you would probably have for dinner, but that's just me lately.  I had a red container of ground beef with sea salt, yellow of roasted sweet potato fries, and green of baby kale (measured before cooking - greens shrink up a ton).
This would be super tasty as an egg scramble, just sub 2 eggs for the beef, dice the sweet potato, and throw it all in one skillet.  Yum!  So, that was meal 1, and very filling!  I liked the baby kale I found at Whole Foods.  It's still attached to the root and seems to stay fresh longer.


A few hours later, I had my first snack.  A purple container of berries and an orange of toasted coconut flakes.  I have a thing for crunch.



These coconut flakes are awesome.  So great for homemade trail mix, or topping oatmeal, yogurt, or a healthy dessert.  LOVE THEM.

Lunch was some homemade chicken soup, which is always welcome.  See my earlier blog post for the recipe (chipper chicken).  I've been making this once a week lately.  Some might call it a rut.  I call it "the only way I can function and meal plan with mommy brain."  Repetition is your friend, mommies.  And it was delicious.
Counts as 1 red and 1 green

Mid-afternoon snack is when I like to have my Shakeology.  Pre-Beachbody, that had become my time of day to go to the pantry and shovel handfuls of chocolate chips in my mouth to avoid tending to the children.  So, this is my answer.  I blended it with a blue container of full fat coconut milk (canned kind, love Native Forest brand), and 1/2 a frozen banana (1 purple).  Plus unsweetened almond milk and ice.  12 cubes.  I told you I like numbers.  Creamy chocolate goodness...my kind of snack.

Bonus points if you have a cute straw.  This was all I had.
Dinner was similar to breakfast today, but doesn't have to be.  This program can be as flexible as you want, and some day when I have more time, that's what I plan to do.  For now, I really enjoyed my salmon and veggies, which I sauteed in coconut oil (yum). 

Counts as 1 red, 2 green and 1 tsp healthy fat

It really is plenty of food, and I was never hungry.  Or hangry (when hunger and anger join forces).  You ladies know what I'm talking about.  And you'll notice I didn't have any grains or dairy, but you can definitely have them.  You just trade out for some of the choices I made.  Like eggs or greek yogurt instead of meat, or corn tortillas in place of sweet potato.  It's all about balance and finding what works for you and your lifestyle.  And that's what I love to help people do!


I met the trainer who designed the program, Autumn, at our annual Beachbody Summit this past June.  I learned a little about her, and she was a very genuine person, and a mom, so it made me love the program even more.  

So, there you have it!  Add in your 30 minute workout (super effective, and there is a different one each day), check in with your coach, get a virtual high five from your online support group, and you have a day in the life of a challenger on the 21 Day Fix.  Message me through Facebook, or email me at jennielauriehope@gmail.com if you are interested in joining our next group!  I would love to work with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment