Monday, July 28, 2014

All the muffins

I thought it would be fun to start posting a new, healthy muffin recipe every Monday.  Because MUFFINS.  Sweet, crumbly....ahhhhh.  Who doesn't like muffins? That would be un-American.  

Now, if you're staying away from grain and dairy, this becomes a little challenging, but I am up for it.  This week's recipe....Lemon Poppy Paleo Muffins.  Minus the poppy seeds.  I could just imagine Luke deciding it was unacceptable to have little, black dots in his muffins.  The recipe is here, and was really simple to make.  I did increase the recipe by 50%, because the original yields 8 muffins.  A muffin tin makes 6 muffins.  So, you make 6 or 12, but none of this 8 nonsense.  Clearly, they did not consult a former actuary before writing said recipe.

A couple fun tools to help with this recipe are a microplane for zesting...
and a lemon juice squeezer thingy (you know what I mean)...
I'm always excited to use my tools.  And excuse the kitchen mess.  That's how we roll.  These came out really nice for having no flour or dairy!  They were still very cake like and crumbly...

And bonus points if you have a heart-shaped muffin tin.  Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment